Thursday, June 6, 2013

Lamp Transformation

Our living room is a giant work in progress, but I made one small step recently with a new lamp for our end table. The awesome guy who custom made our kitchen cabinets agreed to make us a small end table/cabinet for our tv components. It has a glass door so you can still use the remotes, but everything is neat and contained, which is the opposite of what it was after the living area was first renovated.

I recently found a GIANT consignment store near our house and I've been going in about once a week checking around for good deals. Last week I decided to see if they had any lamps for cheap and happened upon this little lady who was just begging for some spray paint.


Not that I don't love peachy-mauve... but it wasn't going to work in my house without some new paint. I liked the shape and it was working fine so I figured some spray paint love and a new shade would do the trick. The shade that came with it was so dirty and ugly I left it at the store. I covered the important parts with tinfoil, primed it and gave it two light coats of Rustoleum Heirloom White. 

And here she is now...


Did I mention this lamp was $10 at the consignment shop?!? The shade was $20 at Target and if it looks just a little shiny, it's because I hadn't completely decided if this was the one when I took the picture so it was still wrapped in plastic :) For $33 including the lamp, shade and can of spray paint, I have what I really wanted at a third of the cost. I saw a similar lamp online at Ballard Designs, but with two small (and sometimes clumsy) children, I don't need a $219 lamp in our main living area! 

Now I need to figure out the wall behind the sofa and we'll be on our way to finishing this room (at least for now!)

I'm still so happy when I look at the before and after...
Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up to...

10 comments:

  1. Awesome transformation! Love the new color! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Taryn! Great link-up as always!

      Delete
  3. This looks way better after the transformation. New follower, found you via the link up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimee! I'm glad you found me :) Definitely feeling good about getting rid of the mauve!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love that lamp shade. I hope you decided it was the one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I finally took the plastic off :) But I like the versatility of it. When things don't cost an arm and a leg it makes it easier to change your mind!

      Delete
  5. Thanks! I'm happy with the neutral base because I can easily switch out the shade and it will be a whole new lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopznowpk.com is one of the fastest growing e-commerce portals in the region, with an extensive range of products which
    provide the best balance of quality and value of money,
    we ensure that your purchase with us is your wisest decision today!
    May it be health & beauty, household items, electronics, jewellery or your favorite brand, Shopznowpk.com makes sure you
    experience the best one stop shop in just a click!
    shopznowpk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share